I just installed IIS 7.5 on Windows 7 Ultimate from Control Panel with Default Settings and Everything is going fine when I access the site with "localhost" or my local Ip "192.168.0.2"
But when I access from my external IP which I got from http://www.whatismyip.com/ it is not working.
Its giving me error:
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 18.104.22.168:82
where 82 is my port for the site.
And when I am accessing the IP without port it is taking me to Netgear Login Page because I am using Netgear Router.
So Please Help me in Solving this problem.
- Your PCs IP is 192.168.0.2
- Your "external IP" 117.x.x.x is your Netgear router (not your PC)
The above should explain why.
- You'll have to configure port forwarding in your Netgear
- You will only be able to use your "external ip" from an "external location" (outside your home network).
- You will need to use your internal IP (192.x.x.x) from a machine inside your home network (they will both have a 192.x.x.x address).
You need to forward external port 80 (or 82) to your internal (192.168.x.y) IP and port (80 or 82).
You have instructions here (find your router if it's in the list).