Home > biblatex > "Internet Reference" bibliography style for SAE papers using biblatex/biber

"Internet Reference" bibliography style for SAE papers using biblatex/biber

April 16Hits:2
Advertisement

Despite my lack of LaTeX skills, with the help of the forum, I have been making good progress on developing an updated SAE class for writing SAE papers with LaTeX. Next up: Properly formatting "Internet References" in the bibliography.

I am using biblatex/biber, and while it seems obvious that there is a lot of power in using this combination for bibliographies, it is not obvious to me on how to manipulate the formatting. So again, I ask for help in this area.

Let's take as an example the following bib-entry:

@Online{Dowanol2012,   Title                    = {DOWANOL (TM) TPM Technical Data Sheet},   Url                      = {http://msdssearch.dow.com/PublishedLiteratureDOWCOM/dh_08ad/0901b803808ad68e.pdf?filepath=oxysolvents/pdfs/noreg/110-00619.pdf&fromPage=GetDoc},   Note                     = {Accessed 9/8/2015},   Organization             = {The DOW Chemical Company},   Urldate                  = {2015-09-08},   Year                     = {2012}, } 

With my current attempt, I get the following entry in my bibliography:

DOWANOL (TM) TPM Technical Data Sheet, Accessed 9/8/2015. The DOW Chemical Company, 2012, http://msdssearch.dow.com/PublishedLiteratureDOWCOM/dh_08ad/0901b803808ad68e.pdf?filepath=oxysolvents/pdfs/noreg/110-00619.pdf&fromPage=GetDoc, accessed 09/08/2015.

What I need it to look like is the following:

The DOW Chemical Company, "DOWANOL (TM) TPM Technical Data Sheet," http://msdssearch.dow.com/PublishedLiteratureDOWCOM/dh_08ad/0901b803808ad68e.pdf?filepath=oxysolvents/pdfs/noreg/110-00619.pdf&fromPage=GetDoc, accessed Sep. 2015.

The urldate field is maybe not the most appropriate to use for getting Sep. 2015 instead of 09/08/2015, I'm not sure. Maybe I can access month/year from the urldate?

Also, I removed italics on the title using the following:

\DeclareFieldFormat[online]{title}{#1} 

But after that, I'm not sure how to reorder everything, get rid of the double printing of the url date and do all the formatting (i.e. quotation marks around the title, etc.)

Here is a current MWE:

\documentclass[letterpaper]{article}  % This package allows for detailed control of urls within the document and in the bibliography. \usepackage{filecontents} \usepackage{url} \usepackage{color} \usepackage{xcolor} \usepackage[american]{babel} \usepackage{csquotes}  \usepackage[style=numeric-comp, maxbibnames=4, minbibnames=3, sorting=none,firstinits=true, url=false, doi=true, backend=biber]{biblatex}  % Change the font size of the references list \renewcommand*{\bibfont}{\small}  % Fix the way URLs are displayed. \DeclareFieldFormat{url}{\url{#1}} \DeclareFieldFormat{urldate}{\bibstring{urlseen}\space#1} \renewbibmacro*{url+urldate}{%   \usebibmacro{url}%   \iffieldundef{urlyear}     {}     {\setunit*{\addcomma\space}%      \usebibmacro{urldate}}}  % Print an access date on URLs. \DefineBibliographyStrings{american}{urlseen = {accessed}}  % Typesets the URL (and DOI) in the same font as the document   \urlstyle{same}  % Print an access date on URLs. \DefineBibliographyStrings{american}{urlseen = {accessed}}  % Remove the italics on the title (how do I get quotes around it)? \DeclareFieldFormat[online]{title}{#1}  % This line defines which file(s) bibtex will look for your bib entries (i.e. the name of your *.bib file without the extension).  \bibliography{test}  \usepackage{hyperref} \hypersetup{   pdfencoding = {auto},   pdfauthor   = {Dr. Who},   pdftitle    = {Title},   urlcolor    = blue,   pdffitwindow=true,   pdfkeywords={LLFC}, % Keywords    pdfnewwindow=true, % links in new window   colorlinks=true, % false: boxed links; true: colored links   linkcolor=red, % Color of internal links (change box color with linkbordercolor)   linkbordercolor=red,   citecolor=green,   filecolor=magenta,    urlcolor=blue }  \begin{filecontents}{test.bib} @Online{Dowanol2012,   Title                    = {DOWANOL (TM) TPM Technical Data Sheet},   Url                      = {http://msdssearch.dow.com/PublishedLiteratureDOWCOM/dh_08ad/0901b803808ad68e.pdf?filepath=oxysolvents/pdfs/noreg/110-00619.pdf&fromPage=GetDoc},   Note                     = {Accessed 9/8/2015},   Organization             = {The DOW Chemical Company},   Urldate                  = {2015-09-08},   Year                     = {2012}, } \end{filecontents}  \begin{document} This is a test document with one citation \cite{Dowanol2012}. \renewcommand\refname{References} \printbibliography \end{document} 

Oh, and technically the hyperlink should be underlined and blue... I can get it blue, but I'm having trouble getting it underlined. Especially only for urls that are part of the "@online" bib-type. URLs for the DOIs of journal articles should be underlined but not blue (I can address this later in a separate thread though, just trying to give context for the weird formatting I am trying to accomplish to meet SAE guidelines).

Related Articles

Copyright (C) 2018 ceus-now.com, All Rights Reserved. webmaster#ceus-now.com 14 q. 0.790 s.